CALL FOR ABSTRACTS SUBMISSION AND REGISTRATION TO THE 13TH TAWIRI SCIENTIFIC CONFERENCE TO BE HELD ON 6TH – 8TH DECEMBER 2021:
Kindly be informed that this year, TAWIRI will be hosting the 13th Scientific Conference that will be held from the 6th to 8th December 2021 at Arusha International Conference Center (AICC), Arusha, Tanzania. The conference aims to disseminate and share wildlife research findings and experiences with the Government, Wildlife Management Authorities, Conservation partners and the general public to help gain an understanding of the current conservation challenges facing our country and the world at large. The theme for this year’s conference is “Wildlife research for enhanced biodiversity conservation and livelihood improvement”. The same has been drawn to reflect the current Biodiversity challenges, national development priorities and tradeoffs between conservation and people’s livelihoods. The conference is expected to bring together about 300 scientists, conservation managers and wildlife conservation stakeholders/partners, Policy and decision-makers, private partners working in the country, region and across the world.
We would like to bring to your attention the following important updates: –
- Human-Wildlife Interactions;
- Habitat and Biodiversity Conservation;
- Ecosystem Health and Wildlife Diseases;
- Climate Change and ecological resilience;
- Water Resources and Wetland Conservation;
- Natural Resource Policies and Good Governance;
- Industrialization, emerging economic opportunities, infrastructure development and biodiversity conservation
- Emerging Technologies and Conservation;
- Wildlife Ecology and Ecological Interactions
- Monitoring of Wildlife Population and threatened species
- Nature and Cultural Heritage Tourism Development
- Bee ecology, Beekeeping, and Api-tourism
- Outreach services (extension education on biodiversity conservation)
Call for abstracts is open from 25th March and deadline will be on 30th July 2021. Abstracts should be limited to a maximum of 300 words for both oral and poster presentations. Specifically, the abstract should be organized as follows; title, name(s) of the author(s) and addresses, brief background/objectives of the study, methodology, results, and conclusion. Keywords should not be more than five arranged in alphabetical order. Address of correspondent author should be indicated. Authors of accepted abstracts for oral/poster presentation will be notified by August 30th, 2021.
Symposium, workshops, Seminars and Round table discussions
Kindly note that the conference is open for local and international conservation organizations, individual researchers, Non-Governmental Organizations, Government institutions and local government authorities. Those wishing to organize special symposia, workshops, seminars and round table discussions are advised to contact the organizing committee well in advance.
Important: This year, Symposia, Workshops and Seminars will be organized a day before the main conference dates, while those who wish to organize short round table discussions will be arranged in the evening after conference hours. Abstracts for symposia, seminars and workshops should indicate the title, organizers, number of presenters/participants and their topics. Submissions that will not comply with the above criteria will not be considered.
All conference emails, enquiries and correspondences, that include submission of abstracts for oral and poster presentation as well as symposia, workshop and seminars, should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.The use of individual emails (i.e to TAWIRI staff personal emails) will not be considered.
Presentations and submission of full paper submission
Oral or poster presentations during the conference will be subject to the submission of full manuscripts by presenters, only those who will submit their full papers will be allowed for presentations. The deadline for submission of full papers will be on 30 October 2021. The length of each full manuscript should not be more than 12 pages including references (single-spaced). For poster presentation, the poster size should not exceed 120 cm x 90 cm. Instructions to authors during preparation of full papers are available through this link( Presentation format)
Understanding this year’s global challenges which may hinder some participants from presenting their findings, we are planning to organize a virtual video presentation for those who will not manage to travel to Tanzania. However, given the huge subscription cost involved, participants willing to present/participate in the conference through this method will be obliged to pay the same registration cost.
In this category, you will be required to submit a previously recorded video (allowed formats will be notified) about your presentation, which will be played to the audiences in the scheduled session during the online conference. During this time presenters will be required to be online to answer questions from the audience if any. Allocated time will 15 min for video presentation and 5 min for discussion.
The virtual presenters should send their recorded videos one month before the conference dates through, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Talks should clearly show the title and the name of the presenter and authors.
A: Early bird registration fee
The following rates in categorized groups will be applied per person:-
- East Africans: 270,000.00 TZS
- Non-East Africa: 250.00 USD
- Tanzania Students: 200,000.00 TZS
- Virtual presentation TZS 200,000/- for East Africans and 150 USD for Non-East Africans
B: Late or onsite registration
Late registrations for all categories listed above will pay an additional cost of 30% of the early registration fees.
Target Group: University students enrolled in undergraduate and postgraduate programmes from across the country.
- Must be Tanzanian enrolled in a university within the country and pursuing a degree course relevant to the conference
- Must submit an abstract and full paper
- The submitted paper has to address one of the conference sub-themes
- The applicant should submit their applications with full papers not later than 30th August 2021 at 16:00 hrs. All application letters with a scanned Identification card, introductory letters and papers should be sent to email@example.com
- Only shortlisted students will be contacted for funding considerations
- Funding will cover, conference participation fee, public transport and accommodation.
Important notice on registration
- Early bird registration is open from 30th March – 30th August 2021
- Tanzanian students must send to TAWIRI supporting letters from their institutes/universities/colleges and a copy of their student ID.
- East Africans should provide evidence of their identity (i.e., Submitting a copy of the Passport cover and first pages (Kenyans, Ugandans, Rwandans and Burundians).
Payment of registration fee:
Mode of Payment
Following the current Government payment guidelines, before making any payment please ask for a control number from the accounts office by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Important: Do not make any payment through the traditional method we used previously, currently only government electronic payment Gateway (GePG) is allowed to settle all the bills.
For further clarification seek for payments, kindly contact Mr. Daniel Wanna through, the email email@example.com ; Mobile: +255 783924290
The conference language is English. The use of Kiswahili will be considered for special presentations.
The conference will be held at the Arusha International Conference Centre (AICC) in Arusha municipality, Arusha, Tanzania
We recommend participants to make their own hotel booking. Arusha has a range of good hotels and lodges. Alternatively, contact the TAWIRI Conference Organizers in case you need assistance in hotel booking through;- firstname.lastname@example.org
Tourism and sightseeing
Arusha city, popularly known as the City of Destination is a hub of tourism activities in Tanzania, with a number of nearby tourist attractions including Arusha National Park, Kilimanjaro National Park, Tarangire National Park, Lake Manyara National Park, Ngorongoro Conservation Area and Serengeti National Park, cultural tourism centres etc. Participants interested to participate in tourism activities before or after the conference should contact any of the tour companies in Arusha/Tanzania. Alternatively, contact the TAWIRI Conference Organizers through email@example.com for assistance.